Kreativ Blogger Award
It just hit me, that I would be awful at giving acceptance speeches. I mean really, really awful. For some reason, I picture the Academy Awards. I am on a perfectly curved stage with me in the dead center of the bend. A procession of lights illuminate my frame and face, casting ghostly shadows on the stage behind me. Everyone is dead pan, silent. All eyes are fixed on me. Some look on with delight, others with discontent. I am alone and frightened. My knees knock and my hands tremor, and all I can muster is a very weak smile. I open my mouth forming a perfect circle, ready to speak, words on the tip of my tongue, but nothing comes forth. I stammer. I stutter. I spit, but not a single coherent sentence. All the eyes begin to look at me in disbelief, some mixed with pure pity, others with disgust. I begin to apologize. I begin to tear up. I run off the stage, tripping over my obscenely long, dress and fall flat on my face, in front of, hundreds of, millions of, people. Then I die!
Told you, I am horrible at acceptance speeches or any speech, for that matter. I must give one, however, because I am incredibly humbled and honored that a blogger that I adoringly follow, Alenaslife, nominated me for this prestigious award. Alena puts the A in Awesome. Her Blog is about one of my very favorite things, Books, and her reviews can not be rivaled. So, thank you, Alena from the very bottom of my ginormous heart.
To fill the requirements for this award, I have to write 7 things you may find interesting about Me. I am already drawing a blank. Can not think of one single interesting thing about myself…hold on…let me think….Oh Dear…Alright..These may be interesting:
- I am petrified of the dark. I have been since birth. Pssh…I have a nightlight.
- I like to go to the movies by my single, solitary, self. No small talk and I can sit wherever I want.
- My social skills leave a lot to be desired. My daughter comes by her shy, awkwardness honestly, directly from her mother’s gene pool. Do you know how hard it is to alter DNA?
- I love to laugh! I mean belly-jiggling, ear to ear grinning, and pee in your panties, laughing! I LUV it! Can’t get enough of it!
- I am a recovering hypochondriac. I have had almost every illness known to man, and I am still alive. My diagnoses existed in my head only. Turns out, I just needed a hobby.
- I HATE Chocolate Ice Cream! I don’t like the way it looks, the way it smells, and especially the way it tastes! Yuck. Anything else that’s Chocolate, I generally love.
- I am horrible at Grammar. This one is no surprise if you follow my blog. I had some amazing English Teachers but for some reason I still struggle with placing comma’s appropriately, punctuating sentences properly, and my voice always tends to be passive, whatever that means! Does everything have to be perfect? Can’t a girl just write for Pete’s sake!
And now, I must nominate seven other spectacular blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Drum roll please…And they are in no particular order:
- Truthandcake because I love the truth and I love cake without the frosting. Her blog is so chic and her posts are so thought-provoking and beautifully written that I have a serious case of blog envy. She turns me green, bright Green!
- At Home with Mrs. Hampton. She is a teacher with a glue gun and she knows how to use it. ; She is so crafty my thumbs hurt while reading her posts! Yeah, she’s that good! I just wish she would do a post on exactly how to replicate that wonderful Header of hers!
- Her New Leaf. Until she was recently freshly pressed I had no idea exactly what all I could do with Instagram. She is full of helpful information and did I mention she gives you step by step images. Yeah! She is a must in the blogger tool box.
- iGameMom. This gal has all the low down on all the newest and coolest apps. Apple should send her a big fat check, and I am going to need a second job if I keep buying every single app she recommends.
- The Oven Mitt. This gal is a baker from way back! Cookies, Cupcakes, Whole Cakes, Oh My! Her recipes and pictures make my soul sing and my belly rumble. Yum!
- I’ve become my parents because I can relate. I sound so much like my parents, sometimes, I think I’m a Body Snatcher or it’s Freaky Friday or I’m getting old. Really Old. Anyway, you must check out his blog, because it is ridiculously funny and so, oh, true! I promise you will laugh and laugh out loud.
- Simply Solo because she is single, but way more complex than simple. She gets honest and deep. She has tons of relationship advice on her blog from breaking up to cancelling a wedding and did I mention how refreshing this gal can be. She’s open and REAL and if I ever find myself single (I pray to God that I won’t not because being single is bad but because I LOVE my husband) I will know where to go for advice!
I’m going to follow everyone else’s lead and pass along the rules for those nominated:
- Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. It would be rude if you didn’t. Seriously.
- List 7 things about you that people might find interesting. (I’m glad it says might because will find interesting could be hard for some of us).
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Leave a Comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Thanks Elena, my virtual Bestie! You have made my weekend a little extra special 🙂